Our first priority is creating jobs that provide an increase in income and opportunity for Kansas families. Growing jobs and Growing the Economy will help Kansas families and businesses to succeed.
- Decreased income taxes for all Kansans, leaving Kansans with more money in their pockets in 2014.
- Eliminated income taxes on all LLC and Sub-S corporations, leaving more money for small businesses, because they employ 77% of Kansans.
- Created Rural Opportunity Zones in 73 counties in Kansas, which repay student loans for people establishing residency in these counties and/or waive Kansas income taxes.
- Led trade missions to China, France, United Kingdom, Germany, and Kazakhstan promoting Kansas agricultural exports.
- Doubled wind energy capacity in 2012- Kansas can now generate 2,713 megawatts of energy. (http://www.awea.org/Resources/state.aspx?ItemNumber=5223)
- Implemented a career and technical education initiative which pays tuition for all career and technical education courses taken by high school students to continue growing a skilled workforce.
- Increased Kansans’ average weekly pay by 3.5% from 2011 to 2013.
- Increased private sector employment in Kansas by 3.5% from 2011 to 2013.